Rest your neck and head by placing your arms upward, keeping your hands underneath your head for support. Let your head fall into your hands, which will be supported by the buoyant water.
By placing your hand behind your head will -
- Remove any neck tension or strain you may have previous to your float session
- Gives you a sense of safety if you feel uncomfortable letting your head completely go in the epsom salt water
- Just another way to get you comfortable
- Best thing for you to do is to try and experiment and see if this position works for you or not
- Please be aware, if you have your elbow in this position for a while you may feel stiff around the elbow joint or maybe around your wrist or hand. To relieve this place your arm by your side for a couple of minutes and then bring it back to the same position if that helps you.